Whole wheat flour pudding; Easy hot dessert
Whole wheat flour: 3 tbsp
Clarified Butter: 4 tbsp
Hot Boiled Water: 1 ½ cup
Sugar: 4 tbsp
Powdered Green Cardamom: a pinch
Almond flakes for garnish
1) Heat clarified butter in a fry pan. Add whole wheat flour.
2) Stir fry till golden brown and fragrant on medium flame. Keep stirring.
3) Add hot water. Stir well to avoid lumps.
4) Add sugar and stir well. The pudding leaves the sides of the pan and gathers together.
5) Add cardamom powder and almond flakes
1) Do not burn the wheat flour. Stir continuously.
2) Clarified butter should mix well with the flour. You should see a semi-thick paste like consistency.
3) Slowly pour water with one hand and stir with another to avoid lumps.
Sugar added at the end caramelizes and further adds to the golden brown color. Mix well to dissolve the sugar crystals.
Substitute green cardamom powder with nutmeg powder
Serve hot. Clarified butter solidifies on cooling.