Dill leaves with lentil
Healthy Dill leaves with lentil as side dish
Clean Dill leaves (chopped): 4 soup bowls
Yellow Split Mung bean: 4 tbsp
Green chili: 4
Garlic cloves: 14
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Vegetable oil: 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
1) Soak yellow split mung beans in water for 10 min.
2) Grind green chili and garlic into a paste.
3) Heat oil and add cumin. Fry till dark brown. Add garlic chili paste and fry till golden.
4) Add strained mung beans. Fry till golden brown. Add salt.
5) Add chopped dill leaves. It will wilt and release water.
6) Cook uncovered on slow flame till water evaporates and its dry.
1) Tender stalk of dill can be used
2) Garlic and chili provides the essential taste hence use it generously
3) Cook till the dish is dry and fried well
Can substitute yellow split mung bean with roasted crushed peanuts
Great side dish with Indian rotis