Fried Chicken in Pickle Powder
Chicken fry marinated in Pickle powder; spicy, tangy and yummy
Chicken pieces: 500 gm
Ginger paste: 1 tbsp
Garlic Paste: 1 tbsp
Red Chili Powder: ½ tbsp
Pickle Powder: 2 tbsp
Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder: 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice: 1 lemon
Cooking Oil: 2 tbsp (for marinating)
Salt to taste
Cooking Oil: 5 tbsp
1) Combine chicken pieces, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chili powder, pickle powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, lemon juice, salt and oil. Mix well and keep aside for 1 h to marinate.
2) Heat oil in a fry pan. Fry the marinated chicken till it is done. The required time depends on the type of cut with boneless taking less time to fry than the cuts with bone. Adjust accordingly.
3) Remove from heat on an absorbent paper to drain excess oil.
Do not overcook the boneless pieces of the chicken. Fry separately bone in and boneless pieces to get the correct texture.
1) You may add pepper powder in addition to red chili powder by adjusting the quantity
2) You may marinate for overnight if desired
3) You may use commercially available Indian pickle powder for this recipe
Substitute lemon juice with 2 tbsp of yogurt
Serve hot as a starter or with rice as a side dish. You may garnish with coriander leaves and cut onions if desired.