Grilled Chicken Mayo Sandwich
Toasted Chicken Sandwich with mayonnaise, cheese and vegetables; juicy and delicious
Sandwich bread slices: 4
Boneless Chicken Pieces: 60 gm (cubed)
Mayonnaise: 3 tbsp
Tomato Ketchup: 3 tbsp
Red Chili Flakes: 1 tbsp
Pepper Powder: 1 tbsp
Chopped Coriander Leaves: 1 tbsp
Grated Carrot: 3 tbsp
Cabbage: 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
Grated Processed Cheese: 4 tbsp
Mustard Powder: 1 tsp
Butter: 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1) Add chicken pieces to boiling water. Boil for 5 min. Remove and cool. Chop into fine shreds along the grain of the meat.
2) Blanch grated carrot and cabbage for 2 min in boiling water. Drain and add to the chicken pieces. Add coriander leaves, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3) Mix together mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard powder and chili flakes. Add this to the chicken mixture.
4) Toast the bread slices with butter. Apply a layer of grated cheese on one side. Spread the chicken mixture. Cover with another slice of bread.
5) Grill in a sandwich toaster till the bread is toasted and cheese has melted. Remove.
1) Do not overcook the carrot and cabbage. It should be crunchy.
2) Do not overcook the chicken. It would turn chewy.
Add onion rings and cucumber slices for crunch and flavor
1) Substitute chicken with cottage cheese cubes for the vegetarian version
2) Substitute processed cheese with mozzarella or cheddar cheese for stringiness
Serve hot with tea/coffee