Pepper Chicken Dry
Chicken cooked in pepper sauce. Hot and flavorful; truly irresistible
Red Onions: 2 (sliced)
Chicken pieces: 150 gm
Ginger paste: 1 tsp
Garlic Paste: 1 tsp
Green Chili: 1 (slit)
Curry Leaves: 4-5
Freshly Ground Black pepper: 2 tbsp
Fennel Powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder: ½ tsp
Chicken Masala Powder: 2 tbsp
Garam Masala Powder: ½ tsp
Water: ¾ cup
Oil for frying: 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder: ½ tsp
Lime juice: 1 tbsp
1) Combine chicken pieces, black pepper powder, salt and lime juice. Mix and refrigerate for 1 hr.
2) Heat oil in a fry pan. Add sliced onions and fry till translucent. Add ginger and garlic paste. Fry till golden brown.
3) Add green chili and curry leaves. Fry for 1 min.
4) Add fennel powder, turmeric powder, freshly ground black pepper, salt and chicken masala powder. Fry for 1 minute.
5) Add the chicken pieces and fry well on a medium flame for 7 min.
6) Add water. Cover and cook for 3-4 min on a low flame.
7) Add garam masala powder. Roast the chicken on a medium heat till the oil separates (apprx 5 min).
8) Remove from the flame
Roast the chicken with black pepper and the onions. The mixture should develop a deep brown black color.
1) Add 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup for tanginess
2) Add cubed onion and capsicum to increase the flavor of the dish
3) Use only freshly ground pepper
Substitute garam masala powder with chicken masala powder
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Indian naan or Rice