White Coconut Chutney
Easy coconut chutney made with fresh coconut
Fresh coconut: 2 cups
Tamarind pulp: 1 tbsp
Green chili: 1-2
Skinless Peanut: 1 tbsp
Sugar: 1 tsp
Water: 1 cup
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Whole Red Chili: 1
Curry leaves: 4-5
Coconut oil: 2 tbsp
1) Grind coconut, peanut, tamarind, sugar, salt and green chili in 1 cup of water
2) Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
3) Add curry leaves. Fry for 1 min. Remove from heat.
4) Mix the oil tempering with coconut mixture in step 1
Avoid splitting by slightly cooling the tempering before adding it to the coconut mixture
1) Tempering adds essential fats to the carbohydrate rich idlis and dosas, and lowers the glycemic index of the meal. It helps in the absorption of fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K from your diet. Tempering releases the essential oils from mustard seeds and curry leaves and makes the dish nutritive.
2) Use virgin coconut oil as it is rich in Medium Chain Triglycerides that helps in burning calorie and helps in weight loss
1) Substitute fresh green chili with 1 dried red chili
2) Substitute peanuts with roasted chana dal
Serve with idli, dosa, uttapam or vadas